Thursday 14 June 2012

Paleo Cookies - Choc or Nuts

I tried a slightly different style of baking- using only natural ingredients so no processed sugar, butter, wheat etc. A diet known as 'Paleo' gave me a recipe which I adapted slightly.  They are very yummy, you would never know they are Paleo! 
I have included both the nuts and the chocolate in the recipe, either use both or pick one, remember though, that when taking a measurement out you must substitute it with something else!

[ photo coming soon ]

Ingredients:
1 & 1/4 cup Ground Almonds
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 cup Honey
1-2 tsp Water
1/8 cup Almond oil (any oil will do)
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips / 1/4 cup Walnuts or Almonds

Oven 190'C

Mix the Ground Almonds, Salt and Baking Powder together in a large bowl.
Add the oil, vanilla Extract and Honey.
Mix in your Chocolate Chips or Nuts.
Using your hands, scoop the mixture in balls or just use a spoon to dollop some onto a lined baking tray.
Bake for 6 minutes, then take out and LIGHTLY flatten them, as they will not spread out themselves.
Bake for a further 6 to 10 minutes, then leave to cool before eating.



3 comments:

  1. Hey little housewife!

    I noticed you used cup measurements, I'm terrible at reading those, how did you manage? Any chance on you putting them as grams or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I there Nikki,
    Thank you for your comment!
    I struggled with this too, so I actually bought a 'cup' measuring system, but here is a converter link for you.

    http://www.jsward.com/cooking/conversion.shtml

    I hope it helps,
    The Little Housewife xx

    ReplyDelete